Trinity Bible Church in South Sutton, New Hampshire is seeking a man with ministry experience, preferably seminary-trained, to pastor an evangelical, multi-generational church. The ideal candidate is someone with an expository preaching style; who is passionate about intentional discipleship, community outreach, and world missions; who feels called to rural New Hampshire; and who will lead the way in fostering a community that engages in ministry and body life.
To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Communication – “preach the Word”
- Be the primary preacher, working with elders to plan a balanced and effective 'diet' for the flock, and investing adequate time each week in study and preparation.
- Develop others who can preach/teach.
- With elders, oversee teaching ministries (e.g., youth ministries, small groups).
- Provide training, encouragement, and accountability to teachers and leaders.
Pastoral Care – “shepherd the flock”
- Be the frontline contact, with elders, to care for the hurting and provide immediate support in urgent matters.
- Provide time for those in need of biblical counsel, recognizing when professional counseling is required, or when delegation is appropriate.
- Promote care for the whole body by modeling direct connections, hospitality, and presence.
Mobilization/Discipleship – “equip the saints”
- Work with elders to develop and oversee a discipleship ministry:
- identify and grow future leaders
- provide intentional individual mentorship and group training
- provide opportunity to disciple and be discipled.
- Develop a culture where engaging in ministry and body life is honored and desired, where movement toward greater responsibility/ownership is encouraged.
- Work with elders to set vision and strategies to address needs within the body and in our community, including evangelism.
Leadership – “direct the church”
- With elders, develop and maintain vision, goals, and strategies to fulfill our purpose: to develop growing disciples of Jesus Christ throughout the earth. Work to keep this vision before the people.
- Participate in an ongoing assessment of strategies, revising as necessary.
- Lead by example to help foster a sense of community where the whole body cares for one another.
Administration/Management – “discharge your duties”
- Oversee daily functions of the church office.
- Coordinate/communicate with deacons about any building maintenance issues.